The Yáahl Animal Market by Clan 540 is a City Special Event in TribeNet that takes place once per game year during Month 7, the halfway point between the Summer Fair (Firstfair) and the Winter Fair (Lastfair). The Yáahl clan is known for its expertise in the procurement and trade of animals of all types from the far corners of the world. They operate the largest open-air animal market event at their island home city of Kaaltsadaa in the southern hemisphere every fall, at which a great potlatch feast is given to attendees with the unveiling of a new animal totem pole at the fairgrounds. One of the Yáahl expeditionary fleets has returned home this year with a shipment of the exotic animal, the Bear, In celebration of this new discovery, clans that fully participate in the event will be given a free Bear as a gift. Yáahl welcomes you.
• Clans are allowed to trade animals for different types of animals without the use of Silver
• All Clans may participate - there are no skills or activities required
• Transportation is automatically provided free of charge to and from Kaaltsadaa for the trading and receiving units (from a role-play perspective, no units actually move)
• The event takes place every game year during Month 7
• Animal exchange rates are 20% better than the bi-annual Fair rates. This year, Cattle are given double the Fair- based bonus (40%) for trading, marked in yellow below – you can get more of the animals that you want for less, and even more animals by trading Cattle this year
• The event provides access to Elephants & Camels, previously only available at special hexes, from direct clan-to-clan-trading, and other city special events
• A free exotic animal is given to all Clans who fully participate – this year, it’s the Bear. At this time, exotic animals are collectible ‘items’ with no in-game purpose, other than a few existing research topics which require them. In the future, exotic animals may have additional attributes and uses, as well as allowing breeding. Details will be shared in the future.
• A Clan may trade up to 1,000 of its animals - returns may exceed 1,000 animals
• The available animals include Camels, Cattle, Dogs, Elephants, Goats, and Horses
• To receive the free exotic animal gift, a Clan must trade 1,000 of its animals at the event
• Only a single unit (e.g. a tribe or an element) from a Clan may trade with its available animal inventory from Month 6 results – a different unit of the same clan may receive the animals, if preferred
• A Clan is limited to 20 trades at the event, with the total number of animals not exceeding 1,000 across all trades
• No Clan-specific Fair bonuses from research apply
• An automated event spreadsheet will be supplied to all Clans by the event organizer – Clans can email the organizer without the spreadsheet if it’s a simple 1,000 animal trade of one animal type
• The organizer of the event, Clan 540 (Yáahl), will receive 20 Bears and 20% of all animals traded this year as compensation for operating the event. The 20% animal commission does not impact exchange rates for Clans and comes out of the market system after the trades have been completed. The organizer is also allowed to participate in this event as there’s no secret information that impacts decision making.
• Event forms are due no later than 21 May 2023. If you didn't receive the event email from Peter the GM, you can download them from this page.
Clan 540 (Yáahl), Raven Zachary, firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the Download button in the upper left corner of the pages to download the files.
820: Yáahl Animal Market 820 Marketing Flyer, Yáahl Animal Market Form 820